To edit and create content, go to www.grahamsappraisalas.com/admin
After logging in click on the house icon at the top left to switch between your site and the dashboard.
There are 2 types of objects that build a WordPress site
- Pages – Pages are static and are not listed by date. Pages do not use tags or categories. An “About” page is the classic example.
- Posts – Posts are entries listed in reverse chronological order. If you have created any sticky posts, those will appear before the other posts.
The content of these pages and posts can be enhanced by adding media or pictures, which are managed from dashboard>media (left sidebar), or through the addition of plugin elements, which are installed from dashboard>plugins(left sidebar). You currently use these plugins:
- Columns – Lets you divide text, into one or more columns. Instructions below
- Fonts – Adds a menu to your writing area that lets you choose font and size
- Maps – Lets you build a map, go to dashboard > maps (left sidebar), that is then placed on a page or post as a shortcode.
- Tables – Lets you build a table, go to dashboard > table (left sidebar), that is then placed on a page or post as a shortcode.
Once your content is created it is all tied together through the menus at the top of your site, which can be edited from dashboard>appearance>menus. A great way to organize your site content is through the use of categories. These lets you group posts together into one continuous page. For example, you might have 50 items you want to sell so you create 50 posts and assign them all the category of “Items for sale”. You then create a menu item that links to just these posts as a group.
Posting from your iPad or iPhone
- Launch the WordPress app
- To create a new post tap “Blog Posts” > tap “+” at the top right > enter a title at the top and enter your content in the body.
- To add an image Tap the “⊕” at the bottom left > Choose your images then tap “Insert” at the bottom right
- To select a category tap “…” at the top right of the screen > Choose “Post Settings” > Categories > Tap to select > Tap “Back” at the top left when done
- To publish the post tap “Publish” or “Update” at the top right
- To save a draft tap “…” at the top right > select “Save as Draft”
Adding slideshow images to a sale page:
- Clean up previous week’s photos:
Go to “Downloads” folder and rename previous “photos” folder with the name of the last sale
- In Adobe Elements: photos are sorted per Bev
Type Ctrl+A to Select All, blue outlines will appear around each photo
File>Export As New Files
Under “File Type,” select JPEG as the format
Under “Location,” browse to “Exported Photos” folder in the Downloads folder
In the “Filenames” box, select “Common Base Name.” You can leave that box blank.
The photos are all renamed now in the order that they were arranged in Adobe Elements.
- In Visual Lightbox, create a new gallery.
Click the dropdown arrow next to the green plus sign and select “Add images from folder…”
Browse to Downloads>>Exported Photos and click “Select Folder.”
Images have been renumbered by Adobe Elements so they will upload in the correct order.
Click “Publish” globe icon from the top menu.
Destination should already be populated with the correct folder. Click the “Publish” button.
If everything worked, a web browser containing the images should open up.
- In Visual Lightbox, choose galley > Publish. Use the following settings.
- Once all of the files are uploaded, open a new web browser and navigate to http://www.grahamsappraisals.com/photos/index.html
Verify that the files are there and the page is working.
If there is a problem, you will see Error 404 below the main cover photo.
Once you have verified the page is working correctly, copy the url from your web browser.
- Use WordPress Application or Navigate to http://grahamsappraisals.com/login.php and log in. Click “Pages” on the left, then “All Pages” next to that Hover over the “Next Sale,” and click “Edit” underneath.
Highlight the “Click Here for Photos” link and click the “Insert or edit link” button at the top (looks like a couple of chain links), then paste the url from the previous step. Finish by clicking the “Apply” button (looks like a carriage return arrow). Click “Update” on the right to publish the new photos.
- Finally, test by going to grahamsappraisals.com, clicking on the “Next Sale” page and clicking on the link to photos.
More help is available from the help menu at the top right of the dashboard and from WordPress Support.
Create a column group with the shortcode, like this: This is my second column
This is my first column
shortcode, like this:
This is my second column
You can also span columns, like this:
This is my first column spanned across two columns.
This is my second column
This is my third column