To edit and create content, go to www.grahamsappraisalas.com/wp-login.php
After logging in click on the house icon at the top left to switch between your site and the dashboard.
There are 2 types of objects that build a WordPress site
- Pages – Pages are static and are not listed by date. Pages do not use tags or categories. An “About” page is the classic example.
- Posts – Posts are entries listed in reverse chronological order. If you have created any sticky posts, those will appear before the other posts.
The content of these pages and posts can be enhanced by adding media or pictures, which are managed from dashboard>media (left sidebar), or through the addition of plugin elements, which are installed from dashboard>plugins(left sidebar). You currently use these plugins:
- Columns – Lets you divide text, into one or more columns. Instructions
- Fonts – Adds a menu to your writing area that lets you choose font and size
- Maps – Lets you build a map, go to dashboard > maps (left sidebar), that is then placed on a page or post as a shortcode.
- Tables – Lets you build a table, go to dashboard > table (left sidebar), that is then placed on a page or post as a shortcode.
Once your content is created it is all tied together through the menus at the top of your site, which can be edited from dashboard>appearance>menus. A great way to organize your site content is through the use of categories. These lets you group posts together into one continuous page. For example, you might have 50 items you want to sell so you create 50 posts and assign them all the category of “Items for sale”. You then create a menu item that links to just these posts as a group.
Adding slideshow images to a sale page:
- Create the slide show in Visual Light box
- When saving the project create a new folder and give it a name like “Photos”
- Uplaod the folder you created containing the images with Filezilla FTP client
- Open Filezilla
- Navigate to the folder you created
- Connect to the FTP site
- Drag the folder from your local PC to the site
- Link to the index.htm file in the folder you just uploaded.
- The begining of the link will be http://www.grahamsappraisals.com
- Next the name of the folder you uploaded /photos
- Lastly the index file /index.htm
- The full lunk URL is” http://www.grahamsappraisals.com/photos/index.htm” (note the forward slash separating each folder level).
More help is available from the help menu at the top right of the dashboard and from WordPress Support.